What are the Qualifications of a Simplified Dissolution?
There are six (6) qualification points listed below. Qualification points 5 and 6 pertain to the same thing and only one can be chosen.
1. Both you and your spouse must have lived in Florida for at least six (6) months before you file for a divorce (residency);
2. Both you and your spouse agree your marriage is irretrievably broken marriage cannot be repaired or fixed):
3. There are no minor or dependent children born during the marriage:
4. The wife is not pregnant:
5. Both you and your spouse have worked out how you will divide the marital property and debts signed in writing or at least verbally; OR
6. You both agree there are no marital assets or debts to divide.
If you do not satisfy qualification points 1, 2, 3, 4, and either 5 or 6, you do not qualify to file for a simplified dissolution.